New Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vardon098

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I have a Gateway GM5478 Desktop Computer and the motherboard is fried. I'm looking for an alternative cheap motherboard as a replacement that'll fit with all of my components. I know that motherboards are extremely specific and you can't get just any motherboard so I'm wondering what my choices consist of.

This is my specific motherboard
Gateway Support - 4006194R Intel (Schroeder Town) G33 Motherboard

And these are it's specifications for interchanging with other components (Though it looks like it's written in Greek to me.)
Gateway Support - Motherboard Specifications

The only difference with the normal GM5478 model and mine is that I upgraded the graphics card to an NVIDIA 8800 GTS 320 mb.

Here's a link to everything you need to know about the model.
Gateway Support - 1009570 Gateway GM5478 Desktop Computer

I apologize in advanced if I left out any critical information you guys need. Thanks for your help and sorry for being such a noob.

Just a note to let you know... your copy of Vista died when your old motherboard died. You had an OEM version that was ied to the motherboard and is not transferable.

Okay so first of all, thanks very much for the info guys!
Now my question is, can I take my Gateway Windows Vista disc (which is apparently tied to my old mobo) and "upgrade" it to windows 7? If I DL the upgrade to my netbook can I just install the upgraded version onto my desktop running the new mobo? I could just transfer the new OS with my external hard-drive. Would the new upgraded OS ALSO be tied to my old mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom