new mobo, new hdd same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

treeman

Beta member
we had a thunderstorm a couple of weeks ago and my pc was on, the power in the house went. when my dad sorted out the power i switched on me pc and my computer loaded but complained that no OS was found so i instantly thought my HDD went, replaced it so i tried to install XP on my new HD some reason it wouldn't take, i tried repeatedly because every time i installed it got a little further but then....my pc died. so my case fans spin, graphics's card fans spin and my heat sink spins and the light on my motherboard is on.

so..........

i decided to buy a new mobo so i switched everything over and realised that the atx12v1 needs 8 pin and my psu only has 4 pin i tried it any way and nothing im lost and i dunno what to do. im thinking maybe the processors gone but i really hope not!

any help would be appreciated guys!

EDIT: i tried basics, cpu, graphics card, 1 stick of ram, hdd still nothing

EDIT 2: tried the basics again but with no ram (as there should be a continues beep) but nothing

I think theres an adapter to convert 4 pin to 8 pin not sure . Thats important .The 8pin ATX12v Power connection (PWR2) is used to supply power to the CPU look in the manual .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom