new mobo need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtwill040

Baseband Member
Purchase some upgrades last week and arrived today.

AMD Sempron 2800+ (1.6GHz) socket 754
Asrock K8upgrade-nf3 socket 754
2x 512mb ddr sdram pc3200
DVD Writer

---

Already using my Geforce mx4000 128mb agp.
Maxtor 40GB hdd
DVD / CDrw combo

---

All above connected.

---

right. Installed everything ok. Didnt have the 4pin 12v connected. Computer started whirring, fans span, hard drive lit up. but no signal to the monitor.

Kept trying and that. Found another psu. With the 4pin connector, when i plug it in. Nothing happens, take out the 4pin and everything comes on again, part from the monitor.

Tested the 4pin with them voltage thingys, says its supplying 12v. but when ever i plug it in, nothing works.

My main problem is trying to get the comp to boot. Are their jumpers i need to set?
I dont really want to to have to send the motherboard back.

Even tried with just 1 512 ram installed and also nothing connected apparted from both ram and no hdds

Any help would be greatfully appreciated

reset the cmos/remove the battery (check the manual) If that doesn't work remove the ram and see if it will beep. If it doesn't then it is probably DOA

I already did all that and it still didnt work.

I managed to get it working but also had to install a fresh copy of windows xp.

I took out all the components apart from the processor - fitted with heatsink.

Removed the screws holding the motherboard down (it doesnt move - the panel at the back is holding it in place).

Plugged the fan in, both ram, front panel connectors, mx4000 graphics card. (Firmly pushed in and latched) added one hard drive.

It booted and i got to bios. Added the other hard drive, all good. Added floppy and dvd rw and dvd rom. Still working. Added sound card and everything else was set. Couldnt load windows. Reboot and ladidah it was saying. so fresh installation of xp and i'm a happy man.

Thanks for your help mate anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom