new mobo and cpu wont boot. - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: new mobo and cpu wont boot.

I can't edit my recent post anymore. Well i was able to install XP, then installed my 7 upgrade. Windows 7 was working fine until it froze a little after I installed video drivers. Now when I reboot the Windows 7 opening screen comes up but then the screen turns black. Could this be caused by my graphics card? Or was it just coincidence that my pc froze soon after I installed the video drivers.

*** after rebooting I entered"launch Windows repair " and got a bsod PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050

Plextor M5P 128 GB
Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
Corsair H80i
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB 1866Mhz
SILVERSTONE ST55F-G 550W
BitFenix Prodigy Artic White
Samsung SyncMaster 2233
Windows 7
Old 02-19-2010, 01:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Try checking this out and see if this helps abit.
The computer may automatically restart, or you may receive a "serious error" message or a Stop error message in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, or in Windows 2000
Also yes "I" think it is the video cards fault mainly because of the drivers itself.
You wil need to look into getting a stable and official pair of video card drivers to work with windows 7.
Sometimes windows 7 will nut up if it doesn't like any old or beta drivers that it can't support.
It's almost like windows xp sp1 before micrsoft noticed the problems and began sp2 to fix a few things to xp.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
True Techie

So should I buy an ATI card and see if that'll work?
Plextor M5P 128 GB
Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
Corsair H80i
SILVERSTONE ST55F-G 550W
Samsung SyncMaster 2233
Windows 7
Old 02-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahiv87 View Post
IOr was it just coincidence that my pc froze soon after I installed the video drivers.
First, do what you can to get the video card working within windows 7 by looking for supported drivers for windows 7.
If you can't find any and the video card is messed up, then you might want to look into getting a new ati video card for your pc that will surely support windows 7.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via AIM to MasterRex Send a message via MSN to MasterRex

Quote:
I can't edit my recent post anymore. Well i was able to install XP, then installed my 7 upgrade.
Uhm, what? Perhaps I'm blissfully ignorant, but I didn't think that one could simply 'upgrade' from XP to 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahvi87
Test stopped @ %58 PASS with 5:30 minutes. Tested other stick, stopped at Pass 30%, 2:35mins.
Did you stop the tests yourself, or... ? Memory errors don't always make themselves apparent immediately; you should be letting the test cycle through at least three times. Also, what memory testing utility are you using? If you don't have it already, find 'Hiren's Boot CD'. It's available via http download (google it), but I won't post a hyperlink here as I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the posting ordinance of this forum. When you burn the image, you'll find that there are a number of different diagnostic utilities. I've always used (and recommend) 'The Troubleshooter'. It's an all-in-one utility that makes life easy! Let the memory diagnostics run for an [i]hour(or till the test has passed through a few times)[i] and see if there are any errors reported.

Oh yeah, and your RAM is not explicitly supported. Gigabyte's website mentions that DDR3 1600MHz is only supported via overclocking. Memory timings are not the nicest things to play with - If you continue to have problems, look into replacing your RAM with one of the frequencies supported by default (2200/1333/1066/800).
Old 02-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterRex View Post
Uhm, what? Perhaps I'm blissfully ignorant, but I didn't think that one could simply 'upgrade' from XP to 7
I was using the upgrade from XP with my other system, you have to click "custom install " I used memtest86 to check my ram.

Mikefury, I've used my 275 with Windows 7 before, had no problems.
Plextor M5P 128 GB
Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
Corsair H80i
SILVERSTONE ST55F-G 550W
Samsung SyncMaster 2233
Windows 7
Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Red face Re: new mobo and cpu wont boot.

Quote:
I was using the upgrade from XP with my other system, you have to click "custom install " I used memtest86 to check my ram.

Mikefury, I've used my 275 with Windows 7 before, had no problems.
Sorry about then, I think misread your last post a little bit.
Still though if you can get the video card to work with the correct drivers or not start looking into investung for a new video card.
I mostly prefer ATI cards but nvidias graphics card will do you just fine either way.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFuryXP View Post
Sorry about then, I think misread your last post a little bit.
Still though if you can get the video card to work with the correct drivers or not start looking into investung for a new video card.
I mostly prefer ATI cards but nvidias graphics card will do you just fine either way.
Yeah, but my problem now is XP not completing the install.
Plextor M5P 128 GB
Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
Corsair H80i
SILVERSTONE ST55F-G 550W
Samsung SyncMaster 2233
Windows 7
Old 02-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Have you tried a different XP CD, sometimes for the sake of god's love, windows CD/DVD's have trouble starting up or nearly completiing without a screw up....
Look at the CD and make sure there are no marks,scratches smudges on the CD.
That can sometimes be the reason why your computer cannot finish up the installation CD process.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFuryXP View Post
Have you tried a different XP CD, sometimes for the sake of god's love, windows CD/DVD's have trouble starting up or nearly completiing without a screw up....
Look at the CD and make sure there are no marks,scratches smudges on the CD.
That can sometimes be the reason why your computer cannot finish up the installation CD process.
I have no other XP cd, but i tried installing Ubuntu and i got and error message at %60ish complete saying the files couldnt be copied due to faulty cd/dvd drive or hard disk. i am trying to install Ubuntu on a different hdd than XP so maybe its my cd/dvd drive.

PS: When installing XP during the "Saving Settings" part(4mins left) is when the installation stops. The screen just goes black and my pc becomes unresponsive, HDD and ODD seem to stop also.

Plextor M5P 128 GB
Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
Corsair H80i
SILVERSTONE ST55F-G 550W
Samsung SyncMaster 2233
Windows 7
Closed Thread