new mobo and cpu wont boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahiv87

In Runtime
Installed I7-860 and GA-P55A-UD3 reusing my memory, hdd, psu, dvd drive and gpu. Press the power button and it starts for one second then restarts, no post beep. I tried reconnecting all the cables and connectors. I don't know of anything else to do.

Make sure the memory is in tight. Could be a memory problem as well, if you have two or more sticks, take all but one out.

Make sure you (1) used the stand-offs to keep the mobo from touching the case and (2) installed the standoffs in the correct locations so they don't ground out the mobo. (3) double check all your power connections (8-pin or 4-pin mobo connector).

I think that might be it slaymate, I did not use the other pins. Could this cause permanent damage? I will put them in when I get home. Where should I put them? Diagonally? I was only given 2.

*Ok so apparently I already had the standoffs on. I checked all the connections, memory options, disconnected gpu, hdd and all fans. Still no boot. I hope its not my psu.

**was able to boot my old mobo and CPU with my psu, so that's not the prob. Even used different memory. How tight do I tighten the screws to the mobo?

Yeah, you can double check. Intel I7-860, gigabyte GA-p55a-ud3, 4gb ocz pc-12800 1600mhz, antec tpq-850, gtx 275 , cosair h50. Cooler master cm 690
II.

**I was messing with my memory and my pc finally started. My memory needs 1.9V but when I looked at the voltages, 1.9V was blinking red. Is it safe to put it on 1.9V?

did you download the gigabyte easytune 6
see if there is a FSB value that you need to change. i have a feeling its red because another setting has to be changed. in order to install the pc8500 memory on the computer i am using i had to change the FSB speed or or a muliplier value in order to change my voltage. i am using a gigabyte also but a 775 socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom