New Memory Installation!!! Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henryweldon

Beta member
Hi there i have a memory problem and wondered if anyone out there could help. I recently have tryed to replace my memory on my desktop pc from a 256kb to a 1gb thee new memory i bought is exactly the same as the originall but after i installed it and booted the computer there was a loud constant beep from the computer. i am aware this means the memory is wrong or not compatable but as i say is identicall to the original. Any Answers???
On a completely seperate note i am lookin for a GOOD progam wich will allow me to prevent programs from connecting to the internet withought my aproval this program will need to run on windows vista

Cheers Peeps

Have you tried it with the 256 still in?
Can you hit DEL or F1 to get into BIOS.
If not you can get memtest and make a boot disk and test the chip. Or just RMA it.

try switching the memory into different slots. with my motherboard it does the same thing enless the sticks are in certain slots/dimms. check your mobo manual and look for numbers by the dimms on your mobo.

hi,
Please check your Mother Board Mannual, Memory Module some times support some Mother board version's only.

Or else, Try to update BIOS Version if available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom