Computer Specs
CPU: AMD Athlon 64X2
MB: EVGA K8-NF41
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GForce 7800GT
MEM: 2GIG (2x1) Corsair XMS DDR400
PSU: Antec HE550

EVAG RMA the MB, got a different spec MB for a future build
Bought a replacement MB of same spec, MSI K8N-NEO4-F
All components worked perfectly before I removed the motherboard and RMA back to EVGA.
I installed the MSI MB,1 stick Corsair memory, GPU, no HD or Floppy yet. All fans run, keyboard lights ups as it should, no post.MB has power, monitor turned on, no signal.
MSI board has a clear CMOS button, I pushed that no change.

Running out of ideas, other that MB DOA. it has a 30 warranty.

Did you try other memory of a different brand, but same type? I recently built 2 rigs and posted here just a few days ago regarding it. I had the same symptoms. I ended up quick ordering new RAM from NewEgg of a different brand.

My boards I bought support DDR3 800, 1066, 1333, 1600. I ordered DDR3 1066 RAM made by PQI - didn't work. Ordered DDR3 1066 RAM made by Crucial - worked fine.

Just a thought. Trying other RAM might be worthwhile.

Ok I tried on stick of my new G Skill memory , same result no boot. Took MB out of case , put it on cardboard, with just GPU , jumped power switch, post fine.

So what did I miss when I put it in the case?? A short? What?? Could connecting the case, front panel connectors( HDD LED, etc) have kept it from posting? How do I tell when I hook up the front panel connectors like the PWR SW or HDD LED, which side it the POS and which is the NEG? One wires red , ones white.

OK feeling kinda stupid right now, I think my mistake was mixing keyboard mouse plugs in wrong DIN connectors. I didn't think that was possible, but I thinks that was the problem.
MB posting fine, finishing assembly, next up BIOS, then install windows 7 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom