New MB and No Sound

Runfox

In Runtime
My wifes computer had some problems, replaced the power supply and Mother board, which both were bad.

I replaced the motherboard with an identical one off Amazon, , an MSI Fm2-A75MA-E35 , that was used but tested. Well I checked the BIOS and the HD audio controller is enabled, I plugged in speakers ,that I tested to be working, updated the sound drivers from MSI. Checked Device manager , which tells me the AMD high definition audio device is working fine. But when I click on the sound, playback devices, it tells me the AMD Digital Audio device is not plugged in!!

So I'm thinking this has to be a MB problem, and I need to get in touch with the seller. Did I miss anything or is it the MB???

I plugged in speakers ,that I tested to be working, updated the sound drivers from MSI.
Well if the sound worked before you installed the MSI drivers, try rolling back to the windows driver that was the default before you updated

The MB I got was a used but test MB I got from an Amazon seller, the sound never worked , I emailed the seller of all I did and he agreed it was a bad MB. So lessons learned,,, don't buy a used MB tested or not. I bought a new one from new egg that was the newer version of this board.

Back
Top Bottom