New Machine...Swapped Boot Drives...I think my Jumper's OK (???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark4man

Baseband Member
Hello again...

Purchased & set up my recording studio's new PC...mfg.'d by ADK Pro Audio; & it came w/ an LG DVD/CD-ROM drive onboard (a GSA-H55N). I needed to install my Plextor Premium in it's place, so I simply swapped them out.

Now...there's still only one drive at the end of the ribbon cable (the Plextor); & there's no Floppy drive in this box. But the new drive (the LG) had a different jumper pattern than I'd come across before...with only three (3) sets of double prongs. The jumper was on the center set.

On the Plextor Premium...there are four (4) sets of double prongs, with the jumper at the far right set (indicated on the drive's label schematic as 'Master').

There was no label on the LG...but a center jumper location would be for 'Slave", correct?

So...with that drive being the boot drive (due to no floppy)...I'm wondering why ADK had it set up as a slave?

But...I haven't tried to burn a CD...but the Plextor seems to be reading OK.

I'm wondering if I'm OK, here...

mark4man

If you only have 1 drive on the cable, you don't even need to set the jumper. Master or slave will be fine for that. jumper settings don't effect anything in windows, only at bootup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom