New Laptop and Getting 0x124 BSOD

Hmmm, it is the effect after the BSOD, that how the system is a lot slower than what it was and booting takes a lot longer. If I fresh install windows and then install the drivers while in audit mode, do you think that will work?

Edit: It did happen with the original installation and I was told to do a fresh install by the hp support as it will be "bound to fix all problems". But as said it happened again on the new install and I have been told to do it again but I don't want to if I'm just going to waste my time with it happening again.

Last edited:
I'd say run a chkdsk firstly.

Start -> type 'cmd' (without quotes) -> right click -> run as admin -> in the console window that pops up type:
chkdsk C: /f /r
Press Enter and it will say it cannot lock the current drive and to run on next reboot. Type Y and hit Enter -> Reboot your computer and let it run through the check (it may take some time, depending on how big your HDD is).

After that, update your drivers from AMD's website (not HP's) for chipset/GPU. Most likely will be included in the same installer.

Back
Top Bottom