New HDD, blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool9

Baseband Member
Have new mobo (AM2+, DDR2), CPU (AM2+), RAM (DDR2, 1GB x 2), 450W PS and HDD (WD 250GB SATA). Installed XP (and all drivers) and PC worked for 7 hrs yesterday. Booted PC today and got blue screen, said there were errors. Can't get into Safe Mode (blue screen) and tried repairing XP with XP CD - it loaded files then got blue screen. Loaded Fail Safe Defaults in BIOS and cleared CMOS with no change. Forgot how to use CHKDSK - did it last week on another hard drive - thought it was on XP CD or in Safe Mode w/Command Prmpt but can't find it. Can another component like mobo, CPU, RAM besides the HDD cause blue screen? BIOS parameter prevent Windows from loading? Don't know where to start.

Set the hard drive settings in bios to legacy just to get that out of the way. I had issue with a few machines here at work that would actually start to boot, but then crash on me when I had the bios set wrong, even with the updated sata drivers.

Stop code 0x0000007B which is "Inaccessible Boot Device". I can't get into Safe mode to fixboot, system restore, CHKDSK or use XP CD to repair Windows. I'll try Legacy switch. Yes, they start to boot - get Windows screen for milli-second then the blue screen. Thx.

I changed Sata mode to IDE in BIOS and it worked. I got into Windows no problem. Holy, **** took me a long time to find that - 4 days. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom