New harddrives keep crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamahammer342

Solid State Member
I bought a seagate hd a few months ago and just recently crashed, bios wouldnt detect it or anything. I just got a new WD a couple weeks ago and now it took a ****, same thing bios wont detect it. Bad luck? or could there be other factors that can cause HD's to crash. Faulty powersupply? any ideas?

are they both SATA/IDE or is one SATA and the other IDE. if thye are the same then are you using the same cable to connect it, and also are you using the same port to connect the drives (the port on the motherboard) if you are then that could be a possible culprit.

Yeah they are both IDE, the flat ribbon cable. Im using the same cable and port on the motherboard. Are you saying the cable or the port could be faulty? I connected an old hardrive that i have and it booted right up, at least for now it does.

It could be the cable. Those tend to go every now and again, When they start to go it can be intermittent as well. I would try changing the cable to see if you get different results. If that doesnt work than it could be the port itself. Or Something more indepth. But start with the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom