New hard drive problems - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2007, 05:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via MSN to FlashDude

Have you installed the Intel matrix storage manager?

And this is the latest inf files for your chipset Intel INF

If after that you don't see the hdd's in computer management (storage) then I don't know whats going on. You could try emailing gigabyte about the issue you are having.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie

I have sent a e-mail to Gigayte using their GTS. Hopefully I will get some good advice from them.

If it turns out the MB is faulty, I will not be able to send it back for a while, at least 5 months. I am in uni and use my PC for assignments, study and leasure (games, TV, Films).

Also taking out a motherboard is a REAL pain.

So I am asking about the posibility of getting a SATA controler card. I have a Spare PCI and PCI-E x1 slot on my MB that could house it. Should I bother going for that route? These hard drives are only intended for storage, not for games etc. Anything I should know about them? Found some cheap ones on ebay.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master Techie

I have a gigabyte mobo. The purple are for RAID only. If you do not run RAID then orange connect them. Go into the bios and enable all of your SATA ports. You should be good to go once you get the bios configured properly.

Noli Nothis Permittere Te Terere!!
EVGA 680i, Dual EVGA 8800GT'S (650/950), 4 gigs OCZ DDR2 1066, Intel Q9450 at 3.8 Ghz, Koolance Water Cooled, Dual Plextor16x DL DVD+/-RW. Dual WD 250gb 16mb Cache Sata 3.0. 3DMark06 score = 19,168.
Closed Thread