New Hard Drive. Need Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cichlidkeeper91

In Runtime
Ok well I got a new HDD today. It is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 40gb SATA. The model number is ST340014AS. My computer is a Emachine T6520. It has SATA ports on but no SATA on the PSU. But I got an adapter from a friend that converts the IDE power cable into SATA power. But the thing is that I cant see the HDD in my computer but I can see in device manager. And when I try to put an OS on it it says something a check the controller. Dont know exact words. Can some one please help.

Go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk Management and format the hard drive.

What do you mean you can't see it in your computer? You mean the BIOS doesn't recognize it's there?
I ment I cant see it in my computer. When I go into my BIOS I can see it.

Go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk Management and format the hard drive.

And I am not able to see it in there either. Which means I am not able to format. I have kill disked the hdd already.

If BIOS sees it there but Windows doesn't that's a controller problem like you said Windows told you to check. What motherboard do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom