New hard drive but no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoobyZ

Beta member
Sorry if I didn't post this in the right place, but I been having problems with my hard drive that I just bought today.My laptop's (eMachines D620) hard drive crashed a while ago, today I had the time to do some research and buy a new one. My old hard drive was a WD Scorpio, so I bought this one hard drive that it was a WD scorpio Blue with 250gb, once I installed everything (hardware) I tried to run the computer to install the OS (windows Vista) but I got some errors which I had before (I curiously turned on the laptop without a hard drive). Here's a picture of the errors and of the hard drive (new & old) I'm looking help of what could be causing these problems and how would I be able to fix them. The error screen is like this

Yukon PXE v6.55.1.4 (20080222)
(c)Copyright 2003-2008 Marvell(R). All
Pre-boot execution Enviroment (PXE) v2
(C)copyright 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
PXE-E61: Media test failre, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.
Operating System not found

IMG_0554.JPG

It looks like the hard drive isn't being seen. I would try hooking up your new hard drive to a different computer just to see if it works. If it works in a different computer then the hard drive controller in your laptop might of died. If doesn't work in the different computer then the new hard drive is probably bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom