New graphics card raises gamma

Gabis1207

Awkward moment when...
As the title of this post suggests, I installed a graphics card to my custom PC, but after installing the drivers from the disk that came with the card, the gamma on my television went up, a lot.

The graphics card I have is the Radeon R7 250. I installed the drivers for windows 8.1, and according to the installer, they went up without a hitch. When I finished installing them, though, the television brightness jumped, and colors became... 'off', shall we say. (Pretty sure that's the gamma being increased. Right?)

Anyway, I've been living with the issue for a while, but, frankly, I'm getting tired of pure green appearing almost yellow-green. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should go about correcting this issue?

Not overly familiar with the ATI or AMD control panel but I do remember there being ways to set it in there some place where you can adjust it out and set the colors to look as they should, Also go to the ATI site and download the newest drivers, They get updated pretty frequently and by the time the card gets sold with the included driver disk there already old and newer ones are already out. Keep us updated on how it goes and if you find that setting and if it helped.

Dauntae

Just looked up a good place to get the driver for you.
http://www.official-drivers.com/ins...&desc=latest&gclid=COzbj4jwyLwCFaVQOgodcW8AUQ

Last edited:
Thanks for the website.
I'll check it out when I get home.

As far as the AMD thing goes, I've adjusted the gamma and brightness in both Windows and the AMD Catalyst menus. The colors are closer, but I've bottomed out both sliders, and it's still too high.

Back
Top Bottom