new graphics card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamr100

Solid State Member
hi, im new here
just got pro evolution 6, and it sometimes stutters a little, and also lines fliker accross the middle of the screen, my graphics card is an ati radeon x550, on the box it recomends a nvidia geforce 4 ti or ati radeon 9600, is mine lower than these and if an upgrade is needed, what would be a cheap possibility that would improve on mine. how about this http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=111197
a quick reply would be appreciated as my mum could buy it for me on her way home fom work at lunch

Your mobo is capable of supporting PCI-e x16 graphics card, so I would suggest paying a little bit more and going for the 7600, which ranges from about £60-£100 depending on what you go for i.e GS, GT. I linked to Overclockers here in the UK, they can be a little bit more expensive but they offer an excellent service and returns policy if you need it. Out of all of them I would pick -

BFG GeForce 7600 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-019-BG) £99.99

But if you didn't want to spend that much then the GS versions will be fine and at £61.99 you can't go wrong really.
The 7300 you listed doesn't really cut the mustard especially with new games such as PES6. The 7600 will last you a good while and is capable of running most new games on med settings and resolutions. If you wanted to spend alot more then go for a 7800 series or 7900 series and if you want to spend REALLy silly money then there is the 7950 GX2 series. Just make sure that you have a adequate power supply, I think a 430w-450w PSU should be fine for a 7600 series card. If you have to buy a new PSU go for a branded make such as Antec or thermaltake. If you have any more questions or your not sure if your PSU is powerful enough please post back.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/7600_Series.html

there's a 7300gt version with ddr3 that performs at least as well as the 7600gs but i'd recommend going for the 600gt if you can afford it.

i went for a 7600gt but was toying with the idea of sli'ing two 7300gt's together for the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom