The New GPU Story..

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Ok, well this is just a separate thread of problems that could be hopefully fixed in my new HD 2900Pro

Usually one of these things happen:

- Black Screen on XP Splash Screen or BIOS (I think it happens around the same time period.. a good minute..)
- Random Black Screen, requiring me to restart my PC when in Windows
- Black Screen when none of these other things happen when trying to run any 3D Application

As far as I know, my IGP is disabled on my Board and the 8 Pin PCI-e Connector is in along with the 80mm Fan's for the HSF also plugged in

I'll try it..

so just throw in the GPU and try it out? or do it with the HD 3200?

Do it with the new GPU. It wont be booting into XP that you have installed so it should work just fine. this will replace the Windows files as it seems there is a registry entry or something from the old video card that is causing corruption.

Will that also fix my problems in the BIOS when it does it (the time thing..)

That could jsut be cause you need a updated BIOS. I dont think that the drivers that load with Windows would ahve any effect on the BIOS since they are not even loaded yet.

Could be you dont have a powerful enough PSU as well. Or it could be that you have a power draw from one of your other components.

there are a tons of factors that it could be. But since Windows isnt loaded nor its drivers i would not blame them for the BIOS issue.

Any other help? I've tried all the normal stuff in the BIOS that could help, but the furthest progress I've made it konking off after Windows start

The only thing i can think of would be to reinstall Windows.

Right now I'm installing my newest drivers for the Chipset, I'm also getting the latest HD 2900Pro's drivers..

I wonder if there is a way to keep the drivers installed, so when it boots into XP it automatically works with the card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom