New GPU causing a system freeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineoniner

Baseband Member
Hello guys, I need a bit of help here.

I got a new AGP card to aid my old compaq 5106CL, it's an Nvidia Elitegroup 6200 512mb, installation went great, I got rid of the onboard GPU drivers, turned off the computer, unplugged it, put in the new card, ran and installed the drivers, and did a reboot.

I noticed an instant improvement of my system. However, when I went online and tried a random youtube video (by the way the FPS did increase greatly even if it's flash) after 10 or 15 seconds the system froze, and I had to restart. This had not happened in a couple of weeks. Ohh well, I restarted the computer, and started Advanced System Care to run a deep clean of everything, most of the times it was a registry or junk file error that would cause it.

But oh surprise, when I tried to start a registry clean, the animation of the icon bouncing up, and down froze my computer too, and this had never happened before, AT ALL.

So I just turned it off, unplugged the computer, took the video card off, and started again, and I didn't have any problems, and haven't had any so far now that it is not connected into my motherboard.

What could be causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Well, it seems I missed a driver that I had to uninstall, but when I'm about to do it, it gives me a message that says

''The display must be changed to VGA mode before uninstall can take place. Change to VGA Mode and restart windows now? If you chose no, you must change your display to VGA mode manually, and then perform this uninstall.''

I know VGA is the blue connector for my monitor, and there's one in my MOBO, and one in my GPU. So I have to connect my monitor to my GPU and then uninstall this driver..?

I'm a bit confused. Any help?

I figured the VGA mode thing, just started my computer in VGA, got rid of the remaining driver, and plugged the new GPU, the problem is still present.

Please guys I really need your help, I can't do anything else on this computer. No MSN, No skype, facebook, plugging usb drives. It all freezes my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom