new Dell 24" lcd not working at full res

Status
Not open for further replies.

regeisle

In Runtime
I just picked up a dell 24" widescreen lcd, and it is not working correctly at full (recommended) resolution of 1920 x 1200. I have it hooked up w/ DVI-D, and the proper drivers installed. When I right click desktop, go to display and slide it over to 1920 x 1200 which is what they recommend, instead of showing the full screen it now only shows a portion, like it's zoomed in 4x and moving my mouse to the corners will make the screen scroll.

Any guess as to what is going on? I checked to make sure my vid card Sapphire Radeon 9000 Pro supported 1920 x 1200, so don't think that's the problem, but am out of things to try.

Thanks in advance guys.

**UPDATE
Just noticed, when I go to display properties, advanced, and the in ATI's display props program I click displays, and it shows 2 displays being detected. The CRT, top left, says it is the NEC Multisync 950+ (correct). The 2nd active display (FPD, bottom right) says it's the HP 150, with a small max resolution. I do have the correct drivers installed, xp display props says detects it as the dell 24". Could this be part of the problem? I'm tempted to get a more powerful gfx card, but don't want to if it will work with this one.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom