New CPU trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdubnthehouse

Beta member
I resently purchased an AMD 5000+ black edition, socket AM2, to go with my Asus M2N-sli mobo. When i turn the power on it doesn't display anything. My old prossesor still works and i tried putting the new prossesor in another computer (with Asus M2N32-sli wireless edition) and it worked. The only difference between these 2 boards it that one has a 570 chipset and the other is a new 590 chipset mobo. Any advice would be much appreciated.

are you using a new video card on your new mobo or onboard graphics ? uf you are using video card make sure the mobo is getting enough voltage from gfx card or the video card is at the right speed also make sure you have your atx power connector connected to your mobo properly. thats usually cause sometime when building a new computer.

Have you checked the compatability with this chip. You may need a BIOS update. the Asus web site will tell you if you do.

no i have had the graphics card for a while and all the power is hooked up rite cause my old CPU works fine. Btw this is not a new computer, i just tried the new cpu on a new build i was doing for someone else.

I dont think it's your Video Card I was meaning your CPU being compatable with your current motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom