New CPU, No splashscreen!

whitesound

Beta member
Hey, i recently bought a new CPU for my computer, i will start off with telling you my specifications which is

Motherboard: M5A99X EVO R2.0
OLD CPU: Phenom II X2
NEW CPU: AMD FX 8350 8 Core
GPU: Powercolor 7970
Powersupply: 500W Coolermaster

So, i took out the old CPU, everything was working fine but when i put in the new one and started up the computer
the fans started spinning but i didn't get splashscreen, the screen was all black. So i updated Bios to the most
recent update but it still didn't work, I am left clueless. So the problem is my new CPU isn't working but when i put in the
Old one it works again, i tried putting in my friends AMD FX 8320, Even tho its pins is a bit bent it didn't work either.

I am very thankful for every response since i have no idea at all what the problem could be.

Best regards, whitesound.

Sounds kinda weird. If your CPU wasn't working it wouldn't really boot properly and you'd get beeps from your mobo's speaker.

Hey, i recently bought a new CPU for my computer, i will start off with telling you my specifications which is

So, i took out the old CPU, everything was working fine but when i put in the new one and started up the computer
the fans started spinning but i didn't get splashscreen, the screen was all black. So i updated Bios to the most
recent update but it still didn't work, I am left clueless. So the problem is my new CPU isn't working but when i put in the
Old one it works again, i tried putting in my friends AMD FX 8320, Even tho its pins is a bit bent it didn't work either.

I am very thankful for every response since i have no idea at all what the problem could be.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- CPU Support M5A99X EVO R2.0 FX-8350(FD8350FRW8KHK,4.0GHz,8C,125W,rev.C0,AM3 )

Put the old cpu back in and flash your bios with asus new one.
Pretty recent so it should work with no problems.

When you updated to the latest BIOS,did you update to v1006 (2201) ?

According to Asus's CPU support list: Motherboards - M5A99X EVO R2.0

It is supported since that BIOS revision: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM3+/M5A99X_EVO_R2.0/M5A99X-EVO-R20-ASUS-2201.zip

Edit: ninja'd by Mike.

If it's the latest bios update then take the CMOS battery out and wait about 10 minutes while the computer is unplugged. Could just be a setting issue or something.

Back
Top Bottom