New CPU/MOBO installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckey

In Runtime
Just installed a new ECS KN1 Lite board Socket 939 Amd 64 with a Amd 64 3500+, ati x1300, 756mb Ram, and 60gig master/120gig slave, CD-RW, DVD

Upon startup cannot get an Ubuntu or Window os cd's to start up. They can't get to the format part.

There is already a windows installation on the hd, but it wont start up.. I get a blue screen.

When in Bios the DVD drive is not detecded and the ram is only detected at 512. ( this is not a big issue as i can reread the manual and figure out my memory setup and drive setup )

The big problem is I can't get into the old windows or wipe it with a new cd. What do I do?

ok, so there are two parts of the install, the text part and the GUI part. The text part is just that and the gui is when it switches to windows or the graphical user interface. So the question is, how far will the windows instal go, does the cd boot, does xp start to load drivers ? Is your copy of xp 32bit , 64 bit , retail, oem , burnt copy ? You may want to try and clear your bios, make sure BOTH your mainboard power plugs are plugged in if the mainboard uses 2.
do all your dvd / cd and hd's detect in the bios ?
if you are getting a blue screen from trying to boot an install of xp from another pc that is normal , each pc has it's own HAL.
IS THIS XP OR VISTA ? make sure your pc is unplugged when you clear the cmos.

You can also boot with a windows 98 boot disk or a Dos disk.
boot with this disk and at the a: type format c: if your drive c:

the existing windows launch goes to blue screen right after logo is displayed.

linux ( ubuntu ) freezes during text install.

windows xp 32bit retail wont make it far into text install.

everything is recognised in bios cept the dvd drive and a stick of ram.. the ram i can fix and possibly the dvd drive.

i got it.... had to reformat the harddrive via old computer, then install new windows.

^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom