New CPU Heatsink Fan Stuck High!! Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderpro

Fully Optimized
So I bought a new Coolermaster Hyper48 HS/F for my socket 775 and installed it. It is supposed to be ultra quiet and was one of the only HS/f's that fit my system.....anyways, after installing it, I booted the machine and the fan is instantly running full tilt...sounds like a vacuum cleaner.....i recieved an error message saying that 'overclocking had failed' on the first boot....i had the mboard partially out when i installed it...this sux....it looks like someone else had the exact same problem with me and never figured it out:

http://hardware.mcse.ms/archive69-2005-1-120130.html

All you experts there please help!! Right now the fan is running at 3125 rpm and the cpu is 41 degrees. It also seems that my case fan is running faster than usual at 1100 rpm. Does the system think i'm overclocked or something? Cause im not, other than my video card....The hyper48 is hooked up to the same 4 pin connector that had the old hs/f on it ...wtf????? Im guessin, something has happened in the bios, but im no expert there, thats for sure....argghhh...oh i used antec silver thermal paste....cheers.

whoa, the defualt rpm is supposed to be like 1400.
I think that fan doesn't like your bios very well.
Have you tried what that other guy tried ?

well not everything, but i just know the things on his list isnt gonna fix the problem....

so more googling and i found this:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY ASUS MOBO AND MY NEW HYPER 48 BUT I HAVE FOUND THE RIGHT SOLUTION . SO THAT IS HOW IT WORKS : YOU MUST DISABLE THE BLUE CABLE OF THE HYPER 48 FAN BY REMOVING IT FROM THE PLUG (YOU CAN USE A SMALL SCREWDRIVER , YOU DONT HAVE TO CUT IT) . SO I MEAN THE 4-PIN PLUG OF THE HYPER 48. JUST UNPLUG THE BLUE CABLE , THEN PLUG IN THE NOW 3- PIN CABLE TO THE CPU FAN CONNECTOR OF THE MOTHERBOARD AND EVERYTHING WORKS FINE (1400 rpm-Low noise). IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER EXPLANATION FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME.

http://www.coolermaster.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1203&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

So it looks like a problem with asus boards. Ive disconnected the blue wire and its nice and peacefull in here now. ( i was about to lose it!) So my temps are up, but ill have to wait for the antec silver to kick in....

Now im curious to see if the rpms increase when needed with this blue wire disconnected. Are there any good cpu load tests??

High technology strikes again? Cut a wire, rig some kinda solution? You've got to be kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom