New CPU and booting

Dw I think it might be a ESD problem, I guess I have to get a new cpu unless anyone else could help me.

Check my edit...

CPU's are hard to burn out from ESD... It's most likely just an outdated BIOS. Check what BIOS version you're currently running and if its older than F8, update it to F8 from the link I added to my previous post.

Ok I think it's because of the bios version, was on f5 ment to be on f8. Guess I just download the f8 one.

That would be your problem. F5 didn't have support for 3770 series. Download the F8, update your BIOS, and make sure you can still boot into Windows.

After that, then go ahead and swap out your old CPU for your new one. Should be good to go after that.

Thanks for that,it's all working good now. I have another problem .....sigh Internet connection, can't connect I troubleshooter and it says I need a driver -.- but since I don't have my mobo cd on me I have to download the drivers (from somewhere i don't know)from another computer put it on a flash drive and put it on.

Thanks for that,it's all working good now. I have another problem .....sigh Internet connection, can't connect I troubleshooter and it says I need a driver -.- but since I don't have my mobo cd on me I have to download the drivers (from somewhere i don't know)from another computer put it on a flash drive and put it on.

There are drivers on the site I linked you to. Just select Driver under download type at the top of the list. Then you'll need to pick what OS you have. It shoiluld then be under the LAN category. While you're there, download any other drivers you may be missing.

Back
Top Bottom