New computer won't go to BIOS Settings?? Uhhh..Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM555

In Runtime
Hey, I actually got my computer parts today and got them all together and running. I had a few questions though. It seems as if something is a little funky?

My CPU is Q6600 g0 Slacr
My Heatsink is Xigmatek S1283
My Ram is Crucial Tracers 2x1GB
My PSU is Corsair 520HX
My GPU is EVGA 8800GTS G92
My Mobo is DFI DK T2RS LGA 775 P35 (Orange $139.99 off newegg)

Everything started first fire up. I have installed the new drivers and what not. I have a couple of questions.

My Computer is running, kind of slow. I thought a q6600,2gb ram, and GTS G92 would be faster, but it's not really a whole lot faster. My computer won't let me get into my BIOS Settings at startup to turn off EIST, C1E, and Visualization Technology to help get a little more speed out of my CPU. A friend says the "Del" button is to go to Bios, whenever I hit it, it ignores it and just continues booting up, any help please?

For the 8800GTS G92, I dl'ed the latest drivers off their website. I was running at 60fps max on CS 1.6 which is Whack. I turned off Vsync and I am running 100fps. I should be running 200+ on such a low level type of computer game. Anything else I can do?

Any help would be great, the sooner the better.
John

Hmm, Anyone? I want to make this computer run top notch so I can enjoy my quad core and 8800GTS G92 :D :D :D

The DEL button is not always the one to get you there. Look closely the monitor when the pc is booting up and it will tell you something like " for setup hit F12" or any other key. That way you will get into the BIOS.

good luck

The DEL button is not always the one to get you there. Look closely the monitor when the pc is booting up and it will tell you something like " for setup hit F12" or any other key. That way you will get into the BIOS.

good luck

The manual on the website for the manufacturer of the mobo says it is the DEL key.

Then try resetting the BIOS, that gets you out of strange problems sometimes.

I figured it out. Now I am downloading 3dMark06 and ATi Tool 0.26. My GPU is running at 670Mhz at 47C/37C. My CPU was changed from 333Mhz to 350Mhz and I'm running at 31,30,33,25C on the 4 cores.
John

I made a really stupid mistake. Lets just say... It is the Delete button.....I kept pressing....backspace. :( lol I feel retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom