New computer won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsinkahn

Solid State Member
My friend is doing a computer course and he knows how to build a computer and so do i have basic knowledge about computer hardware. my system was core 2 duo e6300 with intel dg965-wh mobo, gefore 7600 gs overclocked card. now we installed everything and turned on the computer the power supply went off and it started bad smell. we changed the power supply to a higher wattage i.e 480 watts( i dont know if its enough). so before when i used to turn the switch on from behind everything would go on by itself but with the new power supply, i had to press power button to turn it on. so now when i turn on the light on mobo turns on, the cpu fan works, the floppy drive light stays green and the auxillary fan turns on but nothing would show up on screen. :( i need help as everything in installation went smooth except the power supply that we first used.

Sounds like your PSU may have fried something.

If that board has onboard graphics, then I couldn't tell you what is wrong, but if it uses the 7600 only, then the card is probably fried.

Of course, make sure that you plugged power into the vid card when you swapped the PSU, make sure that all the cables are plugged in, etc.

Also, is the fan on the card spinning?

Hope I helped,
Dex

yes the fan on the card is spinning. it is pci-e card. ummm what other information can i give u. may be bad grounding. i will try to take motherboard apart from case and put it on a place where there is no static and then i will turn on i will see if it works. plus i tried both on board graphics and 7600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom