New computer will not start up. (Sometimes it does)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Thorpe

Solid State Member
Ok I built a computer for my cousin...

I am sure I put it together correctly, something may be a bit off.

I got all of the parts from new-egg.

When you hit the power button it flashes the blue light on the power switch then goes right back off. Sometimes if you open the computer up and wiggle some cords around you can push the power button and it will come on.

Would this be me not doing something correctly? Or is the PSU messed up?

Any suggestions? He lives like 30 minutes away from me so I have to go fix it every time it messes up on him, which is like weekly.

I usually can get it on, and it stays on until it is turned off or power goes out, then he cannot get it back on :(

EDIT: IT is a cheap computer, cheaply built cheaply made... This is the case/PSU it has: Newegg.com - Rosewill R5717 SL 120mm Fan ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply with Tool-Free kits - Retail the PSU came with the case <_<

slight chance he may not even be pushing the button correctly...
you may have a case with a slightly funky pow button springy thing going on...you may push it all the way in. He may be pushing it in slightly so it sometimes catches.

if the above isn't the case, the pow button on the case may need fixing, or you just have to get a new case. I would doubt the psu being the culprit, if it was, it might have blown by now acting that peculiar.

K, Well I have a spare PSU so I am going to try that. If it doesn't work I'll probably just switch cases with him and jimmy rig it so it works ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom