New computer, struggling to get consistent frame rates even on low qual games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trenalok

Beta member
Hey guys, im new to the forum.

Ive recently built a new computer for myself, in all honesty i would of thought that this computer would be able to run some of the newest games that are coming out quite easily, but for some reason its struggling on even some basic ones.

ok my build:

Intel i-7 2600 3.4ghz
Asus P8h61-M LE motherboard
2x4gb G.Skill ddr3 RAM 1333mhz
Nvidia GeForce 550 GTX Ti
Western Digital 2TB Hdd

Windows 7

The games ive been playing lately, Deus Ex 3, and league of Legends. Ever since i first put this comp together, it has been running slow (as in less that 40 fps in League of legends), but in the last week it has degenerated, and now i cant play basically cause im sitting at 15 or lower fps.. Also, i ran CPU-Z while playing a game of LoL, and my core speed was sitting at under 1000mhz with a multiplier below 16x, which is strange as my computer idling it sits at 1600mhz with a multiplier at 16x.

its really frustrating, and if anyone has had similar problems with these items? or knows a way that i could possibly fix it? i would greatly appreciate the help.

Edit: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2002266 link to my CPU-Z validate thingo

Another Edit: Installed the AI Suite thing that comes with the motherboard, and it has told me that my CPU is running at 83c. It only has the stock cooling on the cpu, and it had the thermal paste already applied to the processor when I installed it. It seems to idle at around 60-65c

Cheers in advance,

Karl

Your cpu is running hot, I don't think your heatsink is seated properly. You should be seeing temps <40C on idle and around 60C-70C on load.

Adjusted the heatsink, it appeared to be sitting properly before.. but know for sure it wasnt, as once i had taken the heatsink off, noticed that the thermal paste hadn't melted.

CPU is now running at 24c. WIll give an update over the weekend as to if the computer is running better, but i think it most probably will.

Straight away... HUUUGE improvement in frame rate. I think this is a closed case now... cheers Brinks! ive been looking for an answer to this for about a month now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom