new computer stability issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
Hi, i recently built a new computer and at first i thought it was running fine but every now and then it would restart on its own. I started off by checking the bios and setting the voltages to their defaults except the chipset because i couldnt find out what the default was for that so i left it on auto. I ran prime95 and superpi to get my cpu up to 100% and i got an error after about 10mins. After playing around with the chipset voltage i realised that the only way its stable is if i run it at the highest voltage which doesnt seem normal to me at all.

Do you guys know what could be the problem?

Build: ASUS P5B deluxe, Intel E6600 cpu, Corsair XMS2 ddr2 800mhz, nvidia 6800gt gpu

Are you sure the heat sync is seated snugly and did you use thermal paste. What are your temps. Also check your memory.

Im pretty sure the heatsync is on right and i did use thermal paste, my cpu at idle is about 38C and under load 48C. As for my memory i was going to check it with memtest but i dont have a floppy drive at the moment. Is there any other way to run it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom