Beta member
Hi

I bought a new computer a few days ago, with next specs:
Biostar TA790GX A3+
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Gainward GTX260 Golden Sample
2x2GB DDR3 Transcend 1333
Chieftec 700W
and Cooler Master Hyper TX2 cooler for processor.

So today i got the most computer torturing game(or so i have heard) Crysis Warhead. And I put everything on MAX to test my new girlfriend (pc).
After about 30 min of playing my graphic card got to 70°C and its FAN moved from 40% to 60% of its speed. IS that OK? or should I increase it manually when it reaches such high temperatures.

And second thing which is very annoying.
In SpeedFan i get some Temp1 which is in idle mode about 60°C and after 30min of Crysis it got to nearly 70.
In EVEREST that temperature is labeled as AUX.
And I dont know what that temperature can be.
I have read on everest support site that that AUX can sometimes be a fake temperature. But this one is changing....so i would not say that its fake.
So its not processor, its not graphic card. What else could it be?
Power Supply?? Well....i have touched poversupply and it seems to be very cool. Unless its a different picture inside...
Anyone got an idea what could that be?

thx =)

What case do you have? What kind of airflow does it have? Sounds like the GPU is just overheating on it's own.

well i have a Thermaltake Wing 201RS.
Its not anything special, it has one front and one back fan.
I have disconnected the front(that one pulls air in) because it wasnt doing much, its mostly blocked by harddisks and some other stuff. And after the disconnection temperatures were the same.

well i have a Thermaltake Wing 201RS.
Its not anything special, it has one front and one back fan.
I have disconnected the front(that one pulls air in) because it wasnt doing much, its mostly blocked by harddisks and some other stuff. And after the disconnection temperatures were the same.

Wait, that means your case has no intake. No intake means no output (can't take out air that isn't there), especially if the front is blocked. Your case will either have no or very limited airflow, no wonder you're having temp problems!
How long ago did you do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom