New computer, no display

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
I bought all new parts for a computer from tigerdirect... put it together... and found i had a problem... computer shut down anywhere from 3 to 10 seconds. Took me four hours to figure out the problem... wrong voltage setting on the back of the powersupply. So i fix that... but even though... there was a display for the amount of time the computer was on for. Now... the right setting is set... but... i don't get a picture... its not reading anything from either of the graphics cards! Then if I set the voltage back to the wrong setting... there is a display. Everything is in right... everything connected the way its suppose to. I can't figure it out. What is the problem? Could it be the powersupply? Can this cause something to do with the signal not going to the monitor... but then why does it work in the wrong setting? Please... I need help... I'm bashing my head on this... it doesn't make any sense to me!

what gfz cards....they might need to have their own PCI-E power plug or a 4pin molex

I have two geforce 7300 gts at 512mb memory. They don't have their own separate power option though.

Ok... now I'm curious... I'm thinking its not at the right power setting... certain things give it away. The little red switch at the back of the powersupply... should it be up or down? Cause now I think I may just have a faulty motherboard!

Ok... so I've noticed a few more things and figured a bit more out. The powersupply was set to the 220 voltage setting... which is wrong in canada... but it can't fry anything inside... because I'm only pulling in a 110 voltage setting from the outlet. So the power supply can't fry anything because the voltage coming in is less then the setting. So the computer shuts down... however, the keyboard blinked monitor turned on... everything worked for that short period. Switching it to the 110 voltage not only does the monitor not work but the keyboard doesn't as well. The only things that run on that setting are the fans and the lights. Because this happens on both power supplies, its not a power supply problem! It couldn't of fried anything because there isn't enough voltage to do so. And, nothing could be fried because everything still works on the wrong setting for that 3 to 10 seconds. Therefore, it has to be the motherboard (prove me wrong please).
Is there a setting or a jumper on the motherboard that would tell the system to work on a certain voltage setting, or is there anything on the motherboard that can control this. Please give me your suggestions... I'm going bonkers!! Technicians can't even figure it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom