New Computer Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rook9566

Solid State Member
OK, I just put my new computer together with a little bumps and bruises along the way, but I got it working somewhat. Here's the specs.

GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard
EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor Model BX80562Q6600
NZXT PS-NT-PP600-R 600W ATX / BTX Power Supply 115/ 230 V CB, CE, FCC, TUV, cUL, RoHS
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

I have a Xigmatek HDT-S1283 for CPU cooling.

I haven't tried overclocking anything yet.

Here's the problem. I'm getting periodic freezes that I can't do anything but hit the reset button. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the freezes. I haven't installed any games or anything, just the basic hardware drivers.

The only problem I have is I haven't installed any of the system drivers or applications that came with the MoBo because the DVD isn't being recognized. (All other DVD's I've tried work fine.)

The freezes have come as I was typing my password to login to windows and as long as an hour or so afterwards.

Anybody have any idea what may be the case, how I can troubleshoot it, and where I can get the MoBo drivers? I'm stuck with a dial-up conection where I live, so downloading them may be hard if the PC keeps freezing on me.

Your advice is welcome.

Rook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom