Beta member
bought a new computer recently but it wont go past this

NVIDIA Bott agent 209.0476
copyright NVIDIA corporation
copyrigth INTEL corporation
Pxe-e61 media test failure, check cable
Pxe-mof exiting NVIDIA boot agent
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSYTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

so insert the windows desk and press enter and a few moments later it just comes up with the same thing. it is bringing me to tears plz help
there is a raptor hard drive in the comp, i duno if that means anything

Make sure the drive is working. If your using a floppy to boot try taking the floppy out and sliding the slider a few times to make sure it opens.

thanks for replying, i am using a dvd rom drive and the windows xp home cd-rom, i have tried setting the cd-rom as number 1 boot thingy in BIOS but it still does the same

Do you have the jumpers/IDE cables set properly? I got this error when trying to re-format an old computer, and I forgot to set the HDD from "Slave" to "master".

CrazeD said:
Do you have the jumpers/IDE cables set properly? I got this error when trying to re-format an old computer, and I forgot to set the HDD from "Slave" to "master".

There's no jumpers on a sata!

in bios boot order , it shows the drive name or just cd-rom? usally bioses that dont display the drive name supports booting only from the first optical drive (depending on how their connected on the ide channels & master/slave jumper settings) so if you got more then one optical drive try it.. , if you got only 1 then the cd is not bootable , see this guide on making it bootable
http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/15/

i had an external dvd drive from my other comp and tried using that and funniliy enbnough it wortked first go. i changed BIOS settings to seek other afetr cd-rom drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom