New Computer Build Trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enix33

Solid State Member
Alright guys so I decided to build a new computer that is for gaming. For around 2 weeks i have been sending things back and replacing them because for some reason the computer doesn't power up. It turns on for 2 seconds and then shuts off not even going to POST. I have tried sending the MOBO back for a new one and even upgraded my power supply to 650 watts. Now I looked at my CPU and some of the prongs were bent so it couldn't go in all the way. So i'm assuming that might of been the problem? And am currently waiting for a replacement CPU, but if that doesn't work also then what else could be the problem?

My specs are :

Alpha Black Steel ATX mid tower case
AMD Phenom II x2 555 Callisto 3.2GHz (AM3)
Asus M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 785G HDMI ATX AMD MOBO
HIS H467QS1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-Bit DDR3
Antec 650 Watt Powersupply
OCZ Platnium 2GB(2 x 1GB)

Now I didn't put up my CD drive or HD because I know a comp can power up to at least POST with out those. I would really like it if you guys could help me or at least tell me if one of the things i listed before hand are what's wrong. Thanks and hope to hear good replies.

I would certainly think bent pins on the processor could be the issue. If it still does it when you get it back, the next culprit is probably the RAM.Try one stick at a time to see if one could be bad. Also try different slots.

But I'm willing to bet the processor is your main issue.

Alright so I replaced the CPU and it still doesn't work. I even took out the ram and put it in one by one trying to start it each time, even placing them in different slots and still nothing. Could it be the case that is faulty and not allowing power to get to the mother board? As in the power button I mean?

Ok sorry for the double post but i think i found something I did wrong and tell me if this has any effect. I just noticed I didn't put down the under screws for the mother board, the ones that keep it off the metal of the case. I'm hoping this is what was causing it to just turn off as it might of been shorting it out? If i'm wrong please correct me or if you think that was the problem please tell me, thanks.

That is definitely a problem. the Mobo mounts are actually grounding points, if they are not all there your mobo wont complete the circuit. From your post it sound a bit more delicacy is need on your installation. but mainly you have to get the mobo risers installed at all the points, otherwise your shorting out your mobo. I would highly suggest getting a friend help you finish that know a lot about building to at least assist you. Your dealing with a lot of parts that cant easily be damaged through miss handling, you do not want to ruin your parts before getting to play with them hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom