New Computer Build Not Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockeyman2

Baseband Member
I have just completed my new computer build with the following parts.

Case: Thermaltake Tsunami

CPU: AMD Opteron 165

Motherboard: DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D

Memory: G.Skill 2 x 1GB DDR500

Videocard: eVGA GeForce 7900GT

Hard Drive 1: Western Digital 36.7GB Raptor

Hard Drive 2: Seagate Barracuda 250GB HDD

Optical Drive: Sony CD/DVD burner

PSU: Antec Truepower 2.0 550W.

This post has the parts:
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=99701&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

When I start it up all the fans run and all of the diagnostic LEDs come on and remain on, which means system start up. I cannot open the CD drive unless I disconnect the IDE cable from it. With only the power cable connected it opens fine. I have tried another IDE cable with the same results. Any ideas?

Thank you!

-Nathan

I have the IDE cable plugged into the Primary slot with the blue end.

Also, I have no square 12v power plug to fit in the sqaure plug above the main power cable. I would think this would be a problem. I only have plugs with six holes on this powersupply.

-Nathan

That square 12V plug has to be plugged into the motherboard or it won't boot. If your Power Supply doesn't have one, you'll have to get an adapter to run off a molex connector.

Your hard drives and CD are both IDE. The hard drives have to be plugged into that blue Primary.

hmmm....that might be the problem. I cannot find one. I will keep looking. All I see are the 6 pin connectors. I must be blind or something. I have taken all of the wires loose and pulled them out of the case. No 12v 4 Pin connector. Could it be an adapter I missed in the box?

My PSU is a Truepower 2.0 550 Watt ESP12V

http://www.antec.com/specs/TPII550_EPS12V_spe.html#

It has the 12v 4 pin listed here.

The 4 Pin ATX power should look something like this one (the one that looks like a square, the the female molex)
p4strom.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom