New Comp = Rrrrrrrrrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryOGG

In Runtime
ok well i just got all the parts for my new gaming comp yesterday. i put evrything together and went to install windows. i get up to some point between setup loading windows and windows actually being installed wen i get the blue screen of death :mad:

any1 hav any idea wut i shuld do to fix this?? i really hoped buying such high-end components wuld eliminate these kinds of things but of course it didnt. btw, my components are in my sig

-H3A1Y

Try installing it again after a format - see what happens.

Also a tip from experirence, the more and better your componants the more problems they throw at you.

ive tried installing it numerous times already, including on different drives. wuld it make a difference if i used the regular install instead of the quick 1?

Make sure you format the drive and reinstall a fresh version of windows, as windows is piss poor at making repairs.

But yes it may make a difference if you try a standard install. It could also be that some of the data on your disc is corrupt so that your not making a perfect install.

oops forgot to mention i also tried it with 2 different disks, 1 with SP2 and 1 without. i guess ill go try a standard install and report my findings.

Wait, the HDD's you installed in your rebuild, were they brand new, or were they taken from another PC with an OS already installed on them?

Can't be sure the HDD is knackered yet, admitedly it probably is - but since its a nice (and expensive) WD Raptor may as well test all the other options first.

Why not just run DFT or something on the HDD in question? Wouldn't that be an easy way to at least see if bad space on the drive is causing a problem?

nvm guys i figured it out. turns out my mobo had old BIOS that didnt quite get along with dual channel ram so i used only 1 DIMM nd got it all loaded then flashed the new BIOS on nd now evrything is workin great except my 5.1 headset.
it's a turtle beach earforce HPA 5.1 surround sound headset.
my main problems seem to be that the rear speakers are too weak in CS:S and there is no sound at all in Guild Wars and xfire.
any suggestions for my audio woes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom