New comp problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeKarma

Solid State Member
I built a new computer about a week ago, ASUS Commando Mobo and everything in my sig pretty much. It started having random reboots around day 3 with a windows serious system error that took me to a microsoft help page about RAM problems.

So I just thought i'd swap the RAM out with patriot and see if that helps. (Which I haven't done yet) So I turned the PC off for the night and when I woke up booted it up and it restarted right after the WinXP logo I boot it back up and got a windows cannot boot because crucial files are missing

C:/Windows/System/Config/System or something along that line and it tells me to try and repair them with the CD so kind of frustrated at this point I stick the CD into the drive boot up and when the CD finishes loading I get a blue screen error that says INITIALIZATION_SESSION3_FAILED and tells me that the windows xp installation has been halted because of hardware problems and after many retries on that I just gave up because I get the same thing.

Anyone know what's wrong? I don't think the RAM could cause that much of a problem

Update: Just tried the winXP CD again this time I got

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x08FE1AE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom