New comp only start up wen clear CMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

denni0302

Solid State Member
hey i decided to post my problem here, coz i really hav no idea wat is rong.
i got a new comp in September last year, then i fried some parts accidentally.
my firend (Baron5 on these forums) figured out i stuffed my 680i. so i bought a new mobo, then it still wouldnt work, hooekd his PSU to my comp it worked. i got my PSU replaced. then got no signal, got my 4870 replaced.
now all parts (but possibly hard drive has a problem) are fine and brand new. only the CPU ram and hdd r old.
we tested the ocmp at his house, but couldnt install windwos coz it at my house. it all worked fine (could go to bios). i got bak to my house 30 mins later, plug it up and then my computer starts to stuff up. i turn it on, the fans start goin, then 3 seconds later fans go bit faster then comp turns off, it continues to loop then eventaully stays on but screen/LAN/mouse/keyboard dont work. i finally got it to work, and it was perfectly fine as fast as it used to b. but it still does it wen i turn it on after say an hour of leavin it off. i then cleared my cmos, and everytime i clear it (jumpers on mobo) it works straight away.
my pc specs r:
MSI P45 Neo F mobo
Silverstone Strider 750w
HIS 4870
4gb g skill ram
320gb seagate sata hdd
Q6600 at stock

my friend sed clearin CMOS isnt good for the comp, so i want to quickly fix this problem. ive been without my new comp for 5 months now.

sorry for long post

I'm guessing your RAM is 2x2GB - remove one stick, and try booting. If that doesn't work, swap it for the other stick.

nah its 4 x 1.
but 2 sticks r HZ, 2 r PQ OR NQ i forget. dont think that 2 diff types matter tho coz wen used to hav this comp, i had HZ and PQ/NQ

Okay, well try one stick of RAM, if it boots then add another. Repeat until you find a stick that doesn't work.

I got Baron5 over and he fixed it. just had to adjust the ram voltage, coz it was at 1.8 or somethin and the HZs need 2 to run.
now all works perfect
thanks anyway Yamikotai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom