new comp doesnt want to shut down need help plzzz - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Re: new comp doesnt want to shut down need help plzzz

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprooty
Sounds like your computer is going into standby mode when u shut it down.

There are 2 types of standby.. one where power is still on,fans.. and everything runs.. but the screen is off and the computer is basically idle apart form the fans and the 2nd where the computer turns off and stores everything under RAM until its brought out of Standby so in the 2nd one nothing is running.. computer is basically off
so how would i fix this

Old 10-06-2005, 04:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Techie

Doing a windows shutdown, form the start menu, should not put you into hybernation. Not all spyware programs are flawless. I had this same problem a few months pack after my Daughter had download a file from Kaaza (horrible program!!!). My MacAfee antispyware and others did not find the program that was running in the background. I finally found it my using a program called Xcleaner.....Bargain Buddy!!! So I now use 4 spyware programs. My original assessment remains. If your puter was just black screening at idle that would be one thing. But the act of shut down from the start menu....the puter should shut down!!!

Old 10-06-2005, 05:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by RicoDirenzo
Doing a windows shutdown, form the start menu, should not put you into hybernation. Not all spyware programs are flawless. I had this same problem a few months pack after my Daughter had download a file from Kaaza (horrible program!!!). My MacAfee antispyware and others did not find the program that was running in the background. I finally found it my using a program called Xcleaner.....Bargain Buddy!!! So I now use 4 spyware programs. My original assessment remains. If your puter was just black screening at idle that would be one thing. But the act of shut down from the start menu....the puter should shut down!!!
yea but its a new custom system i just put together nothing installed yet except for windows xp so theres gonna be no spyware , but ill download that and run it and see what happens

Closed Thread