new case for dell. problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burton0891

Beta member
hi,

I have a dell computer. I bought a new case for it. It is an aspire x-discovery and I tried to install it today. I have a little experience with computer hardware but now much.

I couldn't find a place for a few of the cords. They were for the neon lights and the power button. Are dell motherboards only compatable with dell parts?

Thanks

burton0891 said:
Are dell motherboards only compatable with dell parts?

Thanks

Pretty much only compatible with their own crap,If you can get the board to fit the case properly you are going to have to use your old dell power supply too,If you try hooking up any other type you will probably fry your stuff since dell has their own pin setup.

I think he is just looking for a place to plug in his power, reset, and hd activity leads. Even a dell mobo should have pins for these, probably in one of the corners.

i used the old power supply and everything. i knew where most things plugged in, such as the drives. The only cords I don't know where to put are the ones from the case. They are the power button, the led's, and the neons. They each have 2-pin slots but one cord has only 1-pin.

Thanks, sorry I am so new to this.

They usually go somewhere in the corner of the mobo, you might have a tough time finding out which way they go in without the mobo manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom