New Build Won't Display ANYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvpo.geo

Baseband Member
Just got my new computer parts and put them together(this is my first time ever building a PC).

Anyway I finally got it all together and go to turn it on, when i turn it on all the fans start and everything seems to be working. Then I attach a monitor to it.

It doesn't display anything. I get no beeps or nothing just fans powering on and looking as if they are running great. The DVD Drive works and lights but no lights on the front of the case light up that tell power is on and HDD is working(i think...... ANyway this could be bad wiring on my part.....it was really confusing where to put each little connect when it came to the LED things.)

Anyway, I am really bummed right now, I felt like I did everything right and now it won't display anything.

If your monitor has both Digital(set of pins in a rectangle shape) and analog ( pins are in a trapazoid shape) then try the analog one. Some video cards have one of each output, and most monitors have both inputs. try using either one, and make sure you screw it in all the way.

I would suggest removing all the other cards from the motherboard. The sound card, modem card and any other card you may have. Just leave the display card in place and make sure it is properly seated. Connect the monitor to it. Also clear the CMOS and give it another try.

I feel there is no POST and by doing this you are eliminating all the other cards that might be stopping POST

See how that goes. Have fun!

Hello,

What are the system specifications of your new build?

Do you have a graphics card as well as onboard graphics? Or do you just have one of them? If you have both, which one are you using?

Plug your monitor up to the onboard graphics port on the motherboard if there is one, or if you have not done so already.

Removing any unecessary hardware devices, and clearing the BIOS CMOS as Beedoc suggested are good steps to take.

Also ensure that all hardware and wires are connected properly. I wouldn't think that mis-wiring of the front header wires are causing the problem because mis-wiring them will either mean that the power / sleep switches don't work, or that the LEDs light up incorrectly or not at all.

Check your Video Card if it's correctly attached to your AGP/PCI/PCI-e slot? Double check the wires to see if everything is suppose to be in their specified spot.

If you push the power button and everything powers on with no beeps, no signal to the monitor then it could be an incorrectly installed processor or a dead processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom