New build won't boot to windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenityMoon1

Solid State Member
my computer keeps wanting me to reboot and select proper reboot device after i start up computer and i dont know what key to press please help me someone

Re: select proper boot device

Sounds like your Harddrive might have died.
If you by any chance opened you pc recently and messed with some hardware check and make sure both cables for the harddrive are plugged.
If that's not the issue good chances are your harddrive might need to be replaced or windows is heavily corrupted and needs a clean reinstall.

Welcome to Tech-Forums, SerenityMoon1!!!

First of all we need more information about your computer. Specs? OS? Have you installed the OS already?

These will help us figure out what exactly your problem could be.

Welcome to Tech-Forums, SerenityMoon1!!!

First of all we need more information about your computer. Specs? OS? Have you installed the OS already?

These will help us figure out what exactly your problem could be.

i think its a Windows Vista 7/Hewlett Packard...does that help with info?...and what does OS mean?:umm:

OS = Operating System, like Windows

It can't be both Vista and 7 that you have. It's either one or the other.

Have you opened up the computer before? You should check to make sure all the cables are securely connected. Especially the hard drive. But before you do, is it still under warranty?

OS = Operating System, like Windows

It can't be both Vista and 7 that you have. It's either one or the other.

Have you opened up the computer before? You should check to make sure all the cables are securely connected. Especially the hard drive. But before you do, is it still under warranty?

nope i called hp and they said it wasnt or didnt have warranty anymore...i just check comp and says its windowss vista...on the sticker it said it was...will u be able to help me and is it free if i dont have warranty to help me on here?

We're not that type of service where you have to pay for support. We're just a forum that talks about technology and computers, as well as helping others with their problems, for free. Don't worry about it.

Can you please tell us the exact model of your HP? It should be labeled somewhere on the case.

ok its p6126fpl for model number...S/N is MXU924O(or 0)G6
product # is:NP2O(or 0)7AA #ABA...does that help more?

Like Drogos said earlier your hard drive could be the problem. Are you able to get into Windows at all?

Well let's see if it's detected in the BIOS.

To get into the BIOS you have to press either the F2 or DEL buttons repeatedly once you press the power button. This will bring up the BIOS.

After you get into the BIOS you need to see if everything is detected. Hard drive, CD drive, floppy drive, RAM. You also need to see if the boot order is correct. You'd want it so the hard drive is the 1st priority.

Like Drogos said earlier your hard drive could be the problem. Are you able to get into Windows at all?

Well let's see if it's detected in the BIOS.

To get into the BIOS you have to press either the F2 or DEL buttons repeatedly once you press the power button. This will bring up the BIOS.

After you get into the BIOS you need to see if everything is detected. Hard drive, CD drive, floppy drive, RAM. You also need to see if the boot order is correct. You'd want it so the hard drive is the 1st priority.

no i cant log on or get to log on menu or desktop..it comes up and says what i told u right before logon screen is like a black screen with those words on it but i can go to boot menu or RAID menu... but not system recovery it wont let me get to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom