New build won't boot to windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBerger

Baseband Member
So I just installed new RAM, Mobo and Processor. My old system was having problems that I was pretty sure were related to failing RAM so I decided to upgrade most of the system. (the videocard, HD, case, and PSU didn't need replacing)

So basically I put all this stuff in, double checked the connections and booted up. The first screen will pop up, then a screen for the MSI mobo, and then the monitor will stay black and not boot to windows. I don't get what this could be if all the components are brand new. Help please.

Here's the run down of components.
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 630 Propus 2.8GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor ADX630WFGIBOX

Newegg.com - MSI 770-G45 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

When installing a new board and processor, you need to reinstall Windows. It's sitting there saying "WTH is this crap?"

Ya I figured that but I wanted to get it up and running and back everything up (tons of music, movies, pictures) before I reformatted. Is this a possiblity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom