New build will not boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennykyser

Baseband Member
I built this machine last night.
Videoguys' DIY 7: Intel Core i7 8-core

Everything went fine, installed 3 WD 1TB drives, windows loaded everything was great, started installing the software that comes with the MOBO, was installing the update drivers and it locked up, I restarted and it would not boot. I removed the battery from the mobo, it then booted but said windows was damaged, install the CD and restart. Every time I restart it will not boot, I turn of the power, remove battery it boots but then get the error that windows has errors and to repair, but then again restart and it will not boot.

It will only boot after you remove the battery and the board resets, I even went to boot sequence, put cd rom first, but when it reboots, again will not boot up.

Any ideas, I am thinking I will have to remove the power to the drive that has the OS on it, and install it on one of the other drives, then format this drive later.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like problem with the drive as you have figured. You could check that the sata cables are plugged in porperly as well as power to the drive. You could also try a different sata cable as well.

Since it went corrupt with the OS installed you will most likely just want to do a resinstall since you just started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom