Hey all,

My current build is:
i5-3570k
G.SKILL Ripjaws 1600 8gb ram
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB HDD
Sapphire Radeon 7870 GHz OC Edition
Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H MOBO
Seasonic M12II 620W

I just recently built this and the computer runs great, up until it crashes on me. It hasn't crashed on me while I'm simply browsing the web or doing simple tasks, but only while I'm playing games. Sometimes it will crash after 5 minutes, sometimes I get a few hours of playtime before a crash. When it crashes I get no BSoD or error messages but simply an input lost to my monitor. Also when it crashes the power indicator light on my case remains on and all the fans are still spinning, the hard drive is not active however. I've re-installed windows and all of my drivers to no avail so I'm certain it is a hardware issue. Everything is wired up properly and I've swapped out power cables in case I got a faulty one but am still having problems. My computer runs pretty cool even while playing games, so I think that it's not an overheating problem. My thought is that I may have gotten a bad video card and am going to send it back to get a replacement soon. Do you guys think the issue is with my video card? Or could there possibly be another problem that I haven't thought about yet?

My experience with computers is limited so any help you guys can provide would be great!

Define "runs pretty cool". Is this on the CPU and GPU? Either could get hot and cause problems. Get HWMonitor, show us a screenshot.

Define "runs pretty cool". Is this on the CPU and GPU? Either could get hot and cause problems. Get HWMonitor, show us a screenshot.

The game I was running when I checked temps was Fallout:NV on ultra settings. My GPU was running at 40-45C according to Catalyst, and my CPU was slightly higher around 45-50C. To get CPU temps I used coretemp.

Do you perhaps have a spare video card? See if the same thing happens with the other card.

If not, it is the card. Get a RMA from Sapphire's site.

If it still does it, I'd look at your RAM next.

Back
Top Bottom