New build! Restarts after a few seconds (no beeps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BacoNbitZ

Beta member
I'll start off by saying I'm very new to hardware and this is my first time putting a computer together. I followed neweggs step by step guide on how to put it together and I ran across an error I cannot figure out. I have the essentials together (mobo,gfx,cpu,psu) and they are receiving power. I power the PSU and hit the power button on my MOBO and it fires up for maybe a second or two. If I leave it alone it keeps repeating this process. Any help is appreciated, and hopefully noob friendly.
Build:
MOBO: Newegg.com - MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
Video Card: Newegg.com - EVGA 012-P3-1571-AR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
RAM:Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL
HDD: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

*off to work right now, i'll check up later.

Thats sound like a ram seating problem, take one memory stick and put it into slot 2 please.
Only have the main basic computer compenents installed, cpu/heatsink,ram ATX 24 pin connections and only one hdd.
If you hear everything power up including the hdd spin up and start to access a little, it's a good chance it might be a little problem.

Make sure you do not screw the mobo to the metal casing, if you do it might mean the cpu is trying to save itself and your board from preventing a bad shorct ciruit.

post a few pictures of the installed parts so we can see everything.
Here you are :)

Thats sound like a ram seating problem, take one memory stick and put it into slot 2 please.
Only have the main basic computer compenents installed, cpu/heatsink,ram ATX 24 pin connections and only one hdd.
If you hear everything power up including the hdd spin up and start to access a little, it's a good chance it might be a little problem.

Make sure you do not screw the mobo to the metal casing, if you do it might mean the cpu is trying to save itself and your board from preventing a bad shorct ciruit.

I did screw it in :/
I Reset the ram in DIMM 1/3 2/4 then tried just 1 then just 2. Non seemed to of worked. I'm sure the ram is in there, I made sure to apply a bit of pressure all around even after it clicked in.

Thanks for the help guys :)

img7564.jpg

img7565q.jpg

img7566v.jpg

img7567l.jpg

Maybe you just got a bad board, happens from time to time.
So even though the mobo is clearly receiving power, powering the cpu fan / case fans, it may be defective? I thought a bunk one would of just done nothing :( Hopefully it's not defective, fingers crossed X. Hope for someone to shed more light on this nightmare.

It looks like to me from your pics you don't have the 8 pin CPU power plugged in. It is the 8 pin plug on the left side near the left blue heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom