New build recieving BSOD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, just finished my first build. Double checked my connections, Windows installed fine (that I could tell, anyway). So, when I go to install my drivers from my motherboard's CD, I get a BSOD, that says something similar to "Windows was shut down because of ..." Can't remember what it said, exactly =\. I've reinstalled Windows twice now, and the same thing happens when I go to install drivers. When the BSOD comes up, I can't Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart, I have to use the power button or the reset button to get out of it. When I start back up, it boots past BIOS fine, but doesn't even boot to the Windows loading screen. I've tried Safe Mode, and Last Known Config. When I boot from my Windows disc, and try to do a repair install, there's no option to do a repair install of XP, just to install XP fresh. I also tried hitting R on the main screen, and did a chkdisk, and it said there were one or more errors on the drive. I'm gonna try to reinstall windows again, but do another full format/make 2 separate partitions this time (one for windows/one for docs). Not sure if this is Windows related, or hardware related..

My specs are as follows (too lazy to type them out, so I had an image made before..so I'll just use it):
pc_new_specs1.jpg

Edit: Ok, well...I just booted off of my Windows disc, and was gonna go to reinstall windows.. and NOW the repair option came up? WTF? Gonna try that and see if it works....

Install linux :)...... But hmmm maybe try and get updated ones off the net. Sounds like too broad of a problem so hard to tell. All repairing windows does it repair windows file's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom