New Build Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
So I finally put together the parts I bought like 2 months ago, everything was brand new and sealed and stuff.

Parts are listed here.
Note: Using previously owned HDDs (1 SATA and 1 IDE) and old DVD Rewriter.

Problems are:
  1. PC isn't starting in 1 shot. I have to keep switching back and forth on the PSU switch to actually get it to boot. If I don't do that, the CPU fan spins slower than usual and it just doesn't boot.
  2. When Windows 7 is finally loaded up, it freezes ever so often just randomly. Tried taking stuff off Startup but that didn't exactly solve the matter.

Any advice to move further on would be appreciated :(.

Did you plug in the 8-pin cpu power connector?
Test your computer with another power supply.

Download HWMonitor and post a pic of it.

1. check your case power button pins on mobo sounds like they are not plugged in correct or have a default
2. You need to get a copy of memtest+86 the windows things first instinct says ram

Did you plug in the 8-pin cpu power connector?
Test your computer with another power supply.

Download HWMonitor and post a pic of it.
Ya the 8-pin CPU power connector is in place, can't test it with another PSU at the moment but I'll try and see if I can anytime soon. I'll post a pic of HW Monitor soon, not near the PC right now lol.
1. check your case power button pins on mobo sounds like they are not plugged in correct or have a default
2. You need to get a copy of memtest+86 the windows things first instinct says ram

The pins for the front buttons are plugged in correctly and I'll get a copy of memtest+86 and try to run it tonight before I sleep.

Thanks for the replies so far :).

HW Monitor -
2vjsn12.jpg

Memtest+86 -
4 Passes, No errors (runtime 4 hrs approx)

Yeah, I'd try a new PSU. It's voltage is set inside the PSU iyself. All you could control in BIOS is how much goes to certain parts. Doesn't change you PSU voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom