New build problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageThrash

Beta member
I am new to these forums and today i started my first pc build.

i have a P5W DH DELUXE with the e6400 and OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400 667MHz EL Gold Edition 2GB with an x1300 512 vid card.

I started assembling it earlier this evening and all went well it seemed. I got everything ready to go and proceded to plug the comp in and fire it up, all the fans spun up to speed, hdd spun up everything seems to work fine, the keyboard had power for the numlock buttons etc although the mouse laser didnt come on.

Once the comp started the moniter would just sit in stnadby mode and flash green, i dont know what is wrong. The harddrive did com efrom my old computer and has a fresh install of windows on it. I dont think th eHDD is the problem i think it has to do with the vid card as most everything else seems normal.

Any ideas?

Thnx Savage

try the graphics card in another machine or try another card in the existing machine. also you may want to format the drive perhapse a chipset conflict or something. good luck :).

Just tested my brothers vid card, still the same problem.

I also dont know what reformatting it again will do, the last time i reformatted it i didnt even instal any drivers it was reformat then into the new comp.

The first time i started the comp though the windows disc was in teh cd rom drive from the old comp ( i forgot i left it in there) and maybe when it went to boot something got fubared? although the screen never even flickered then eaither.

I sent an email to the tech support where i bought most of the stuff. Hopefully they cna shed somelight. Also could it be uncompatible ram?

bad graphics card. if it doesnt work in your system and his its the graphics card. send it back.

make sure you have sufficient power to the system then if you are sure that you do then replace the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom